Tuesday, June 19, 2007

CHENNAI - 600028 (2007)















First of all - Kudos to the team for their sincere effort - Fantastic attempt!!

I enjoyed the movie, thoroughly!! Not the 'classic' types, but simply, a peek into the lives of a few youngsters - the members of 'Sharks', a gully cricket team from R.A.Puram (a part of chennai and thus the title, Chennai - 600028). I loved the simplicity associated with the movie - the presentation was stunningly natural....

The movie has no hero or a heroin - the plot is the hero, I would say. The actors have performed really well - it was like seeing your friends live their life, on screen! (That was what I felt, being in chennai for the past 15 years and seeing the lives of people depicted in the film, in reality).

Yuvan shankar Raja does a wonderful job. I never was able to think of Editing or inematography or Art direction...when I was watching the film, which itself is the success of the technicians - really natural! The cinematography pattern was more like a normal video - and most of it was shot in the night and the lack of sharpness gives a more real feel to the movie (reminded
me of a few South Americal films).

This is not a review and I did not want to write anything like a 'film-review'. I am penning down my personal thoughts about this film here as I enjoyed watching it. If you live or lived in chennai and if you have seen youngsters playing cricket in the road and in the small grounds....and if you wanna know a little about their life - probably watch the movie - you will enjoy it. Even otherwise, you'll enjoy...but if you are associated with any of the above - dont miss it - the proability of you not liking it will be very low....

Overall, I feel, this movie represents a part of Chennai. It gives you an idea of the lives of people (a set of middle-class youngsters, in this case), which in itself is a great acheivement.

Simply put - I liked the movie very much. And I was really very happy when I walked out of the theatre last saturday night after watching the movie. The movie was fun and very very lightly told! I am sure, I am gonna watch it again.

:)

No comments: