Sunday, May 13, 2007

THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION!!!!!


Get busy living, or get busy dying.

The first night's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in naked as the day you were born, skin burning and half blind from that delousing shit they throw on you, and when they put you in that cell... and those bars slam home... that's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it.

These walls are funny. First you hate them then you get used to them. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized

Forget that... there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.

What're you talking about?

Hope

Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane

Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies

I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope

I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.

She was beautiful. God I loved her. I just didn't know how to show it, that's all. I killed her, Red. I didn't pull the trigger, but I drove her away. And that's why she died, because of me.

I was in the path of the tornado... I just didn't expect the storm would last as long as it has

Get busy living, or get busy dying!!!!

No comments: